skip navigation

Grievance Policy

JRDA Grievance Policy

Any Grievance involving any JRDA League or Organization must be submitted through the JRDA website or in writing within 30 days of the incident. Supporting evidence must be submitted within 5 business days of the initial filing and receipt of the grievance. Supporting documentation and evidence regarding the grievance may not be altered. Any video footage should be unedited, bout contracts must be signed and dated and not be in violation of the ruleset in use (per the bout contract). Please provide contact information for all parties involved.

The JRDA will not accept an intra-league grievance. All issues within a league must be handled through the appropriate channels through the Board of Directors of that league. The JRDA will only review grievances between two JRDA leagues. The JRDA will only review grievances sent by the league representative on the leagues behalf.

By filing a report, you agree that you have read the JRDA Grievance Policy and Procedures information, including all of the FAQ questions and answers.

You will need all supporting documents and witness statements to complete your official grievance report.

Grievances Frequently Asked Questions

Q: The league I am playing with plays dirty. There are penalties everywhere! I am filing a grievance first thing! What should I do?
A: First, take a deep breath. There are a lot of high penalty teams out there, but that does not mean they are necessarily playing dirty. Do you have substantial reason to believe they are playing dirty? Are these penalties intentional? Do you have bout footage and/or evidence that suggests this is intentional? Without evidence suggesting intent, this is probably a discussion you should have with your head ref and managers. If appropriate, ask the event head referee to file a grievance.

Q: The JRDA made a decision and I don't like it. What can I do from here?
A: You can request an appeal. With an appeal you would need additional information besides what you have already provided regarding your grievance. There is no guarantee that you will be granted an appeal. Appeals are reviewed on a case-by-case basis by the JRDA Board of Directors.

Q: I need to seek legal actions regarding my grievance. How will the JRDA assist me with that?
A: The JRDA will not be responsible for any fees or costs in regards to any legal counsel you should choose to take regarding your league or conflict with another league. If the JRDA cannot or will not handle your particular issue internally, you reserve the right to legal counsel on your own, independent of the JRDA.

Q: My league is run terribly and the parents or skaters are taking over and it's affecting the kids. I am going to file a grievance.
A: Before contacting the JRDA, please review your league's by-laws and address the board of directors for the league. If your problem cannot be addressed through those channels, you can file a grievance with the JRDA. Please include the contact information for the Board of Directors for your league. If such a board does not exist for your league, please provide any contact information that you do have. We encourage all leagues to utilize the resources provided on our website regarding establishing a league, board of directors, etc.

Q: My kid doesn't get as much play time as the coach's kid. I am filing a grievance.
A: There really is nothing the JRDA can do to get your son or daughter more play time. We can only suggest that you voice your concerns through the appropriate channels within your league.

Junior Roller Derby Association.

Bold. Confident. United.